Two insights on teaching computer programming

David Klappholz d.klappholz at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 5 15:41:04 EST 2006

At 03:06 PM 1/5/2006, Kirby Urner wrote:
>...So what keeps universities of repute from simply printing degrees?  Private
>industry provides a check.  Your job interview will go badly if your
>knowledge of pharmacy is clearly superficial, or if you demonstrate
>incompetence during your first probationary weeks on the job.

Kirby, I love your posts, mostly for their useful contents, but often
for being way out in left field. What's this about pharmacy? I
thought this is a (math in) CS mailing list.

Dave

PS My guess is that severe legal consequences could result from
errors committed by pharmacists; not so with errors committed by
software developers, though there are those who think there should be
-- at least at the system architect/project manager level.