Two insights on teaching computer programming

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Thu Jan 5 16:21:22 EST 2006

David Klappholz:
>Kirby, I love your posts, mostly for their useful contents, but often
>for being way out in left field. What's this about pharmacy? I
>thought this is a (math in) CS mailing list.

That was an allusion to Matthias' rhetorical postscript:

"P.S. And pharmacy majors should be able to dispense chemo after a
semester, too."

See:
http://mail.geneseo.edu/pipermail/math-thinking-l/2006-January/000925.html

I was just extending his metaphor (plus I'd already been using biomed as
exemplary of a parallel university-based track, partially overlapping CS,
the health care sector being a primary consumer of computer services these
days).

Kirby