Discrete math demonstration ideas...

David Gries dgries at twcny.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 20:05:03 EST 2006

Bring a beehive to class. The numbers of male and female ancestors of
a bee at each level forms a fibonacci sequence.
See page 224 of Gries/Schneider "A Logical Approach to Discrete
Math". Also bear that, learn how the golden
ratio is used in architecture and how it arises in the human body.

David Gries